Sunday 3 March 2013

Hotlead coming soon

Hotlead 2013

For those that don't know what Hotlead is, it is a miniature war games convention that takes place last weekend of March in Stratford, Ontario.

They can be reached at Hotlead,ca

For the first time in several years I have opted to not run a game, primarily because the last couple of years I've run or helped run games, the players are the same guys I game with in town.

Two years ago 2 of the 4 players were locals from London, then on the Sunday we had just one guy play (my co-host played him), last year 4 of the 6 players were Londoners that I regularly game with, and I stayed home Sunday.

It's a bit of work to design, and play test a decent game then transport it to the con, set up, run the game, then pack it up again, and at the same time get some shopping in and making sure nothing disappears, not that the last has happened to me, but a buddy of mine had some of his figures vanish, in his first and only convention attendance. Then if there is anything I want to take the Bring and Buy I have to sort that out, label, tag and fill out paperwork.

This year I had planned on going just to play and shop, but looking at the PEL I think I'll just go to shop, none of the games really appeal to me.

Instead I'll run a game at The Game Chamber on Sunday and see if I can recruit some people for the HGA.

No comments:

Post a Comment