Sunday 2 February 2020

Imperial Romans and Gallic forces

   One of the occasional attendees of my local gaming group [The Historical Gaming Association of London (Ontario)] was divesting himself of some figures, his new dedicated wargames room in his new country house would 't have room for figures he had not used in over 5 years. He offered them to any member that wanted them, I eventually offered to take them as I had heard of S.P.Q.R. and thought this would be a good way to get a head start on two warbands for that rules set


   Here is what I got from him they are all painted, they are better than any of mine, (he's even painted their fricken eyes).

  I then saw some demo videos of S.P.Q.R. and knew that is was not a set of rules I wanted to play.

   A few months later I saw an announcement for Clash of Spears and was relieved that I would be able to use these figures for those rules.  The rules do not cover Imperial Rome... Yet. But they claim play-test armies for Clash of Spears that cover Imperial Romans and Gauls are on they way, then I will be able to use them.

We will start with the Gauls a mix of metals and plastic.
 The plastics

The metals
    So a fair few figures (about 100), they were based for Hail Caesar, so I had to first de-base then re-base for my use. I am thinking I can use the Gauls as to fight for and against my Carthaginians.

   Here are the Romans, they are all metal, a mix of Wargames Foundry, Front rank and others (he couldn't remember).







There are well over 400 Romans.

A rough estimate is that they are almost a $1,000 worth of figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment